Insurance bug?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Just taking the relevant parts of the BR, unless someone thinks the whole BR needs to be here. I was defending an alliance-mate.

[middle] 6,000,000 hostile Biker attacked, killing 839,267 allied staff.
[close] 51,046 hostile Skeleton attacked, killing 14,499 allied staff.
[close] 2,704,617 hostile Zombie ate the brains of 1,085,607 allied staff.
[raised] 274,136 Zombie rose from the dead.

You will soon be receiving £4,392,500 insurance.

Now, I've been told that I don't get insurance for basic units (h/y), only for units that I developed myself. And so, I post the following:

Type Sent Remaining
Hippy 839,267 1
Yob 822,847 666,226
Small Droid 4,945,055 4,676,614

Alright, so let's disregard the h/y. I lost 268,441 SDs, which to buy would cost £2,684,410,000. I got paid £4,392,500 insurance, which is a fraction of 1% of their cost. I'm wondering where the problem is here. I had the thought that maybe the zombies and their conversion threw something off, but of course zombies aren't going to convert robots.

So...?

CFalcon

Official Helper
I would imagine you've only received insurance for what the skeletons killed. The bikers only killed hippys, which we've disregarded. The zombies are clearly not giving any insurance, presumably connected to converting.

If we take the £4,392,500, divide by 35 and multiply by 100 to get what counted towards the insurance we get 12,550,000. Now, if you add up what was killed and what was lost, it wasn't just your units there getting killed, so of the 14,499 units the skeletons killed, lets say a half of them were yours, and of those only a small amount would have been small droids, seeing as they are alot tougher than yobs (or w/e was there), so maybe 1000 of the units killed by the skeletons were your small droids. Divide 12550000 by 1000 and you get 12,550, which isn't the exact cost of a small droid, but I'm just working with assumptions and you can see it's in the right ball park for a small droid.

So yeah, just insurance from the skeletons killing small droids. Anything the zombies kill is counting as a bribe, even though they won't actually convert any of the small droids killed. Converting and bribing didn't give insurance or injuries originally, and I think the change to make them give injuries was done when injuries and not insurance was being used, so maybe the same change hasn't been made to insurance?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Sounds to me then like a bug with conversion. Because zombies obviously don't convert everything they kill, and they obviously didn't convert any of my SDs. Yes?

CFalcon

Official Helper
Sounds to me then like a bug with conversion. Because zombies obviously don't convert everything they kill, and they obviously didn't convert any of my SDs. Yes?

Well, technically the zombies do convert everything they kill, including the SDs. All the kills count as converts, and then afterwards some mathematical magic is applied to give the number of new zombies created.

The fact that your small droids aren't classed as living is only taken into account when working out how many new zombies are made, it doesn't stop them being 'converted', as such, by the zombies.

Edit: Azzer, I like to think I'm psychic, pretty and astute.

Last edited:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
CFalcon is clearly psychic, to be honest. Either that, or just pretty astute ;)